East Street, Turners Hill, West Sussex, RH10 4PT
The Crown at Turners Hill
The Crown at Turners Hill Summer Beer Festival
Wednesday 12th June until Sunday 16th JuneFEATURING 12 ALES FROM LOCAL BREWERS!
Festival Snorkers….We are pleased to offer you these fabulous hand made pork and hop from my Sister’s rare breed Old Spot herd in Hawkhurst, Kent. Choose your Snorker Style from…
Festival Snorker.The now traditional Festival soaker, these wonderful sausages are simply grilled, and served in a floured bap with wholegrain mustard and fried onions £4.50
Bangers and Mash.Three pork and hop sausages set on a bed of creamy mashed potato, with garden peas and a thick onion gravy £10.50
GUEST LIST & TASTING NOTES
Hammerpot Brewery, Poling, West Sussex.
1. Brighton Belle 4.6% abvGolden to pale amber American Pale Ale. Fresh floral hops notes, spicy orange, crisp grapefruit and a hint of caramel.
2. Summer 3.7% abvA clean, fresh, session pale ale bursting with zesty citrus flavours and ripe exotic fruit balanced with sweet golden malt.
CellarHead Brewery, Wadhurst, East Sussex.
3.Single Hop Pale 4.6 % abvThis pale ale perfectly showcases the quality and diversity of British hops and their unique characteristics. Maris Otter and Vienna give the light malt base to this monthly changing beer. Malts: Maris Otter, Vienna
4. Summer Pale Ale 3.7 abvA fresh floral aroma with sweet honey and slight grassy notes. Rounded off with a soft bitterness to finish. Malts: Extra Pale, Wheat Hops: Challenger, Kent Cobbs, English Chinook
GoldMark Craft Beer, Poling, West Sussex.
5. Moshpit 5.6 abvA refreshing crisp Indian Pale Ale with strong tropical fruits, cactus and cucumber notes. Made with a rowdy trio of hops, Moshpit is balanced with German caramelised barley.
6. Hop Idol APA 4.4 abvA golden ale with floral and citrus notes. This refreshing crisp, zesty, dry pale ale uses six varieties of American hops balanced with roasted malts.
Greyhound Brewery, West Chiltington, West Sussex.
7. Cosmos Light Premium A.P.A. 4.5% abvA light lemon zest aroma with gentle floral notes gives way to a subtle, nutty malt backbone and delicate fruit. The gentle bitter finish is clean with citrus hop characteristics.
8. Rocket, R&D Pale Ale 4.4% abvLight straw-coloured beer with a clean, fresh and lightly citrus aroma. Made with an interesting mix of experimental hops.
Dorking Brewery, Dorking, Surrey.
9. Pilcrow Pale Ale 4.0 abvA modern classic. American hops, Citra and Chinook give grapefruit / citrus flavours. Our best-selling beer.
10. Red India Ale 5.0 abvRich and robust. A traditional English style IPA. Big caramel body with a dry, hoppy finish.
360 Degree Brewing Company, Sheffield Park, East Sussex.
11. Best Bitter 4.2% abvDespite the proliferation of pale and ultra hoppy beers, a well-brewed Best Bitter is still a thing of beauty. This contemporary version of the style is chestnut-coloured, brewed with British hops in the boil, and the addition of Cascade hops post boil to produce a lovely aromatic ale with a clean bitterness.
12. Double Act Pale Ale 4.7% abvTwo of the very best American hops come together in this fruity pale ale – expect hints of citrus, orange, lime, mango, tropical fruit.
ALL FESTIVAL ALES £4.00 PINT
Website created & maintained by Bruce P Deacon
©2010-2019 Bruce P Deacon