The Crown at Turners Hill
Traditional English Public House and Restaurant

The Crown At Turners Hill sits in the heart of Turners Hill overlooking the village green, was once known as Canons Farm, part of the manor of Wakehurst. This 16th Century farmhouse with it's 17th Century barn ~ still retaining its Jacobean oak beams ~ was converted to an inn in 1706. It's long history includes tales of a secret passage to The Old Manse, and priest hole. Early in the 1700's, this hostelry was a favourite stopping place for those driving their cattle to the London markets. Today, a tradition of hospitality continues.

The landlord: Phil Shoubridge sets high standards for quality and service, you can be sure of a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the Pub and the Restaurant. Situated within the physical heart of the village, Phil strives to maintain the Crown as a key part of village life, be it as a focal point such as with the celebrations for St Georges day or by providing facilities for local Fetes, village twining, etc.

Free WiFi available